Category Archives: Giants
|English Voice Actor:||Unknown|
|Developer||Toys for Bob|
|Release Date||Fall 2012|
As the story goes, the original Skylanders were actually giants, and it was they who first defeated Kaos and his machines many moons ago. As a form of sacrifice, the Giants were shot to Earth where they’ve been buried underground ever since. In Skylanders: Giants, the Skylanders will need to summon the Giants back to Skylands to help them fight Kaos and his war machines.
Players will resume their role as a powerful Portal Master, who controls their a team of Skylanders, including Giants, mythical and powerful heroes that play a pivotal role in the quest to save the Skylands from Kaos, who is back with another plan to rule over Skylands. Players will navigate perilous lands, battle powerful enemies, collect treasures and solve interesting puzzles.
Joel Cohen and Alec Sokolow have returned to help write the story. The theme music will again be by Academy Award Winning film composer Hans Zimmer and there will be a brand new score by returning composer, Lorne Balfe.
In the brand new Starter Pack, you will get three Skylanders (a Giant, a new Skylander, and a returning Skylander), a Portal of Power, Trading Cards, a Poster, and the game itself. The Starter Pack will also be available without the Portal of Power for those who already have it.
Skylanders from Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure that are being released with a remodel or light up when near a Portal of Power have an orange base instead of a green base.
Skylanders: Giants builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of the first game—merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toy figures that have “brains,” which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands. This next installment of the franchise features a variety of new characters, new challenges, a thrilling new story-driven adventure, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and online:
Skylanders: Giants introduces eight new highly collectible figures that are more than twice the size of the main skylanders cast in both physical and virtual form. Their in-game powers and abilities reflect their colossal scale.
Helping to further the real world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders: Giants includes a set of characters that feature spectacular new light technology integrated into the toys, allowing the figure to light up when near or on the Portal of Power. These characters have additional in-game benefits as well. Batteries are not required.
Brand New Skylanders
Eight new regular sized Skylanders, each with their own unique powers, abilities, and personality, join the adventure alongside the Giants.
Every beloved character from Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure is 100% compatible with Skylanders: Giants, leveled-up stats and customizations intact.
Portal Masters will see all new arenas and more gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level up every character.
- Activision announces Skylanders Giants, featuring giant Skylanders [update: Trailer, screens and figures] (joystiq.com)
- Sneak Peek: Skylanders Giants (Wii/3DS) (nintendocharged.com)
- Skylanders Giants Light Up New Gameplay Possibilities (wired.com)
- Skylanders Giants will require new Portal, mobile apps coming, Toys R Us to have exclusive figures (joystiq.com)
- Activision announces Skylanders Giants (vg247.com)
- Here’s How Giants Will Fit Into The Next Skylanders Game [Skylanders] (kotaku.com)
- Activision Announces Skylanders Giants (nintendocharged.com)
- These Are Your New, Super-Sized Skylanders Giants Toys [Skylanders] (kotaku.com)
- This Skylanders Giants Trailer Teases a Tiny Bit of Gameplay [Video] (kotaku.com)
- Activision Announces Skylanders Giants, The Sequel To Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (mynintendonews.com)